Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

site chart info... sensei hachi scop

3 posters

Go down

site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  Empty site chart info... sensei hachi scop

Post  Blanci Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:02 pm

sensei gets to move his scop infantry
but i just discovered hachi doesnt get to move his scop units until next day...
kind if silly to learn such things mid-game...

The Awbw CO charts obviously doesnt explain this stuff very clearly. The wording could be improved.  
And the wiki wikia thing needs checking too.

Yeah, not a programming bug in normal sense but a site info bug.... and this stuff could bug people if it was an important game... Smile.   Anyway just another tidbit which may get attended to next time anyone delves in there.
I guess in meantime we can debate improved wordings.

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 156
Reputation Reputation : 35

Back to top Go down

site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  Empty Re: site chart info... sensei hachi scop

Post  WalkerBoh Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:09 am

The wording says "Super: Merchant Union -- Units cost -50% and ground units can deploy from cities".

I'm not really sure how that's unclear. Maybe "deploy" is slightly ambiguous because it hints at being able to move units, but I'm not sure what word you would prefer to use. Does anyone know what the wording is in the cartridge games?

WalkerBoh
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 328
Reputation Reputation : 108

Back to top Go down

site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  Empty tt

Post  Blanci Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:49 pm

Yeah. Im not too sure either "how" it occurs but ive asked a few other players and newbs and they werent sure either. 

Perhaps firstly confusion comes from comparing with the wording for sensei which also doesnt really specify if his cop infantries are moveable but of course they are. Eagles scop purchases , as it explicitly says, can be moved, but the wording here is horribly not succint and could be improved surely.

Secondly, The specific entry for hachi saying that with scop " units can deploy FROM cities" the problem may lie in the FROM.   Perhaps it might be clearer to say we can deploy units TO or ONTO cities when activating the scop.

To be honest i am not trying to be pedantic or fussy at all. Just trying to be realistic and practical, and speaking to others there is a bit of a problem here. And because brokens are infrequently used i guess it can be easy to forget and confuse sensei and hachi and eagles specific mechanism.  A bit of extra clarity should be helpful.
I am going to look at other AW sources/sites as walker mentions and consider better wordings.  Succinctness being very important too here.

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 156
Reputation Reputation : 35

Back to top Go down

site chart info...  sensei hachi scop  Empty Re: site chart info... sensei hachi scop

Post  Xmo5 Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:46 pm

I would simply say something like "Hachi's SCOP allows the player to purchase units on any city as if it were a base" which makes it clear that the way the city is used is identical to how a base is used; new units can't move until next turn.

For Sensei I would just make an additional clarification that units appearing on cities can be moved the same turn. "9 HP Infantry/Mech units are placed on every owned, empty city. [Units spawned this way can move on the same turn they appear.]"
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 458
Reputation Reputation : 106

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down