Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
[Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
[Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
[Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
[Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
[Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
[Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
[Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
[Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
[Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

[Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt

Go down

[Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt Empty [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt

Post  a9977321 Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am

Forum is still better for archiving compared with discord, and despite a lack of activity many will check daily or weekly. Now that I restart my 1vs1 games like GL, I decided to start doing brief analysis on my games, also serving as an attempt to revive the forum.

In this post I plan to make a brief analysis on the FOW game here on 1vs1 Verdun.
https://awbw.amarriner.com/2030.php?games_id=491660

1vs1 Verdun is a typical FOW plain map, and the very first one drafted by wyj_0081, but compared with its successors this map is small, so it takes 2-3 turns only to reach the front. It is also easier to build up a wall utilizing terrain and map border. The map got all contested properties in the corner to somehow counter the easy-to-maneuver positions in the centre.

Only Kanbei, Colin, Sensei and Hachi is banned in this game. The lab unit is neotank+stealth while the bbomb remains banned.

I chose Nell for personal preference. Some claimed that Nell feels t2 here, but imo she is usually a solid pick in t1 when allowed. But in any case she is no match against Von Bolt in terms of d2d. The game would largely be determined by how much I lose in d2d phase and how much I achieve with my power.

Before day 6, the main difference is about the opening. I chose 2 recons while shy opted for tank start. From my past games with him, like many newer players he has a tendency to challenge tower when possible. While it is unlikely scenario, I did keep towers in my recon vision to be sure that should he try to go for tower directly with first few infantries he will be punished. My recon position is not to be threatened by even the earliest tank.

Day7 Shy did not hide his tank and he is indeed aiming to camp my tower by charging fully forward. But upon seeing his tank movement I performed my recon attack. It still has risks, but in worst case I can still get my recon back to safety since he should have only 1 tank for response at most. Given his careless tank positions and tendency to challenge tower I thought that his tank was probably backed up. I was right. I also chose an early copter as infantry counts are important for Nell.

Day8 Shy proceed to camp my tower with tank. and a new tank was sent in the north to drive my recon away. Since my tower capture is denied, and for most a tank can reach his own tower. I camp my recon on the tower as well, knowing that I can probably get it back safely and deny his tower capture for at least a turn. In south west I position my recon forward to check his capture progress. Our cap phase was similar.

Day9 Shy made the unwise attack as my recon indicates at most a tank can do counterattack there, so he got regional tank number superiority. In the north he drived my recon away. I formed a line to protect my tank from being hit by his two tanks. In most cases it should do the trick to push him back. He also compromised for artillery since some funds are used to repair damaged infantry. In the north my recon is driven back by his tank. Since it's about time to capture corner cities I keep my vision on it.

Day10 The AA in my vision indicates a lack of more tanks in the region, but I don't have extra tanks as well due to early copter. I formed a line in the south to protect my copter and hopefully trying to deter his attack. In the north I picked up the capturing infantry. While the safer play would be cede tower, start corner city cap to protect my recon and position my infantry conservatively. I did take risk to sacrifice my infantries there to mess up with his income.

Day11 Shy did a tower cap as expected, and with a tight formation (an infantry is placed wrong, or 2, 11 will have a full hp infantry as well) I picked up his recon and infantries without too miuch worries on counterattack. In the north his tank pushed my unit back into my tank's protection. I sacrificed another infantry as well. I thought he might do something in the south with 10% extra power, probably not the case.

Day 12 I make a mistake with bcopter position when trying to keep my capture phase safe. In hindsight the best move is to all-in centre. He got an artillery-heavy army, so best solution is to out-maneuver him.

Day13 My mistake filled my power bar, and I used my power since he charged forward. The power could be performed better but with my advantages before I already took the lead. I also positioned my units in the base area to protect my frontline units from the bolt. WIth the bolt distracted the game is set. I did overextend myself in the next few turns, but Von Bolt cannot turn the tide any more.

Highlight: positioning in day10-12 to minimize possible losses from counterattack especially when suffering d2d disadvantages; Effective scouting in early games; earning unit count advantage as luck COs also matter as you can use your infantries to cripple their vehicles.

Last edited by a9977321 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Introduction>An actual analysis from my end)

a9977321
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 41
Reputation Reputation : 5

Back to top Go down