Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
Who's who on AWBW? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
Who's who on AWBW? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
Who's who on AWBW? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
Who's who on AWBW? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
Who's who on AWBW? EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
Who's who on AWBW? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
Who's who on AWBW? EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
Who's who on AWBW? EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
Who's who on AWBW? EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

Who's who on AWBW?

5 posters

Go down

Who's who on AWBW? Empty Who's who on AWBW?

Post  Everdan Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:33 am

Disclaimer: I know this isn't exactly news, but since the AW forum doesn't have a "general" subforum... I just thought I'd add it here.

Anyway, I've been playing on AWBW for a while, and I noticed that most players have multiple accounts because each account has a max of 30 maps. Usually you can tell which account belongs to who, but some cases aren't so clear...

In the name of avoiding awkward situations, I'd like to ask, out of the following list of names, which accounts belong to the same person?

1. MorganLeah
2. Walker Boh
3. Xmo5
4. Mori
5. Bamboozle
6. Airob
7. Meta Rexy
8. Ninja_Weasel
9. excomotive
10. theether
11. Blanci

There are some more but I think this suffices for now. Any and all replies are greatly appreciated!

Everdan
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 138
Reputation Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Who's who on AWBW? Empty Re: Who's who on AWBW?

Post  Xmo5 Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:29 am

To the extent of my knowledge, all of those accounts are different people with the exception of Ninja_Weasel which is my alt account. I also have a third account, Xmö5.

Mori accounts are all Mori followed by a number (except there's one like Mori7wastaken because someone snatched that one up before Mori got there). Mori is the current head of the Map Committee and the moderator of this forum under the name Best Sakuya NA.

Walker Boh is the previous head of the MC who has returned after a hiatus and is now an active member on the MC again. He has accounts like walkerboh01 (his main account), walkerboh, Walker Boh, bohwalker etc.

MorganLeah, also a MC member, has another account, MorganLeah2 and I don't think there are any more.

For you benefit: The 4 of us are the only currently active MC members. Headphone (Daehphone, |-|eadphone, etc.) is still a member as well and he stops by from time to time and there are a bunch of former members that span a range of activity levels from "fairly active" to "will we ever see them again?". Anyway, back to the accounts you listed:

Bamboozle has alt accounts with roman numerals like BamboozleII, BamboozleIII, and BamboozleIV.

Airob has a few alt accounts, but I haven't seen him around in a while. Most (all?) of his alt accounts contain either "airob" or "rob" in the name.

I'm pretty sure excomotive and lazernerd are the same person, but I don't know of any other alt accounts.

I'm not familiar with any alt accounts for Meta Rexy, theether, or Blanci (blanci1 on AWBW), but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 458
Reputation Reputation : 106

Back to top Go down

Post  theether Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:49 pm

I don't create enough maps for me to have another account.
On that note, it's amazing how many accounts Mori already filled Shocked
theether
theether
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 129
Reputation Reputation : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:26 pm

Indeed... Mori probably has more design maps in his name than anyone else.
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkerBoh Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Usually it's pretty obvious which accounts belong to which people, though it's not always as clear which one is the main account. But of the people you listed, only Xmo5 is on there twice, as he mentioned.

I'd also like to add that if you see "MC Hammer" posting on maps anywhere, that's a shared Map Committee account. So it could be anyone on the Map Committee (but usually it's me because I forget to log back into my main).

WalkerBoh
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 328
Reputation Reputation : 108

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:27 pm

WalkerBoh wrote:I'd also like to add that if you see "MC Hammer" posting on maps anywhere, that's a shared Map Committee account. So it could be anyone on the Map Committee (but usually it's me because I forget to log back into my main).

It probably won't be me, but not because I don't use the account. MC Hammer's settings have the view theme set to AW2 but all of my accounts have it set to AW1. Since I'm really not used to seeing maps looking like that and I don't really care for it, it makes it really hard for me to accidentally comment on a map with MC Hammer.
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Blanci Wed May 27, 2015 1:23 am

Out of curiosity just wondering who the following alternate accounts might be
  1 "ear"         2 "the wise wolf"         3.    "23333"
They are each having something of a league thrust , for want of a better expression.
Personally, I have no special problem with alternate accounts.  I used one a year or so ago in the FOG League because my usual one won't work because of the never ending game bug. After a while I got bored having to log in under different names and kept getting booted because I temporarily forgot to log into one of them. So its a pain running 2 active accounts simultaneously IMO.

I can understand that when people build up a decent league rating they may want a rest and they wanna go back and try some new ideas or go play lots of carefree games , winning most !,  that's fun or for other reasons like sand bagging or whatever.  It is all good IMO as it generates some activity around awbw.  Still some of us are curious to know who's who!  Sure some guys may wish to remain anonymous.. No prob .. Its a game site! Some mystery is fine!  But if anyone wants to spill the beans..... Smile

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 156
Reputation Reputation : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkerBoh Wed May 27, 2015 1:56 am

All I'll say is that I can confirm that "ear" and "the wise wolf" are indeed alternate accounts. "ear" currently has another account in the League, and "the wise wolf" is a former player whose name I recognize. I won't reveal them without their consent though... And I can't tell at all about "23333".

WalkerBoh
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 328
Reputation Reputation : 108

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down