Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
Anime Thread. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
Anime Thread. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
Anime Thread. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
Anime Thread. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
Anime Thread. EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
Anime Thread. EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
Anime Thread. EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
Anime Thread. EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
Anime Thread. EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

Anime Thread.

5 posters

Go down

Anime Thread. Empty Anime Thread.

Post  [JAM] Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:11 am

I saw the lack of an anime thread and if anyone remembers me, anime (especially the "shit" ones, thank you Glen Wink) is probably one of the things they remember about me. Talk about anime or something. What you've watched. What you're watching. What you will watch. Recommendations are welcome. The series don't have to be new or old. Just anything. Just a few rules to prevent it from going to shit.

-Keep anything plot related in spoiler tags or something. Even though someone should have seen the series cause it's older than them doesn't mean that it's alright to give them spoilers if they don't like it. Use your own judgment when considering if something is a spoiler.
-It's fine to call a series or character "shit", but please don't be offensive about it (even though "shit" already sounds pretty offensive). If you must debate (not argue) about the quality of something, please back up your points. Remember that everyone has their own opinion of something.

Have fun and stuff guys.
[JAM]
[JAM]
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 13
Reputation Reputation : 5

Back to top Go down

Anime Thread. Empty Re: Anime Thread.

Post  Best Sakuya NA Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:15 am

I've watched a lot of weeb stuff.  Favorite anime are by far Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai, Madoka, and Evangelion.  Looking forward to Aldnoah.Zero because the writer/director/composer trio is incredible.
Currently rewatching Fate/Zero and Baccano! with my girlfriend since she hasn't seen either yet.  Blarg.
Best Sakuya NA
Best Sakuya NA
Admin

Posts Posts : 980
Reputation Reputation : 102

https://isndev.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  [JAM] Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:11 pm

There are definitely a lot of things I need to see, Baccano! being one of them. That being said, there are things I need to catch up on from this season. Starting with One Week Friends. I had already read the manga and am up to date, but I'd like to see it animated myself.
[JAM]
[JAM]
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  sulla Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:56 am

Baka No Pico

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63

Back to top Go down

Post  sulla Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:53 am

Gungrave is the best anime ever!

Based on a mediocre PS2 game, the anime transcends it's roots.

Has the best ending to an anime ever.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  [JAM] Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:36 am

So this season of anime is ending and the next is coming up. What have you enjoyed this past season?

No Game No Life was probably one of the best things this season. I also enjoyed Love Live! S2 (because idols), Nanana's Buried Treasure (Tensai da bess and trap KanaHana), Puchimas!! (because iM@S), and Mahouka (because the bro's a BAMF and everyone is lesbians with the sis). Started watching Hitsugi no Chaika because of all the shopped pictures of Chaika's face and I didn't think I'd want a second season after that last episode. I only really watched Mekakucity Actors because it was SHAFT being as SHAFT as possible. Music selection was pretty good though. Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara was not that good. Mainly stuck with it cause I knew all the VAs in it. ManAshi was pretty funny and risque. Black Bullet was pretty interesting, but I don't know how much more I want of it.

If anything, No Game No Life definitely made me want to check out the light novel series, but the next part after where the anime stopped hasn't been fully translated. Probably gonna try and marathon Ping Pong and/or Kawai-sou.
[JAM]
[JAM]
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  sulla Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:05 am

I just watch things randomly, I don't follow the latest things. Watching Cowboy bebop for the first time recently.

To be honest I think the mid to late 90's is the best era of Anime.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  theether Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:27 am

I'm watching Legend of Korra and SAO, both of which recently started a new season.
fun stuff Smile
theether
theether
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 129
Reputation Reputation : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  Best Sakuya NA Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:16 pm

Still very excited for Aldnoah.Zero.  The writer/director/composer team is one of the best I have seen for a show since Fate/Zero and Madoka.

First Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXTol2NCEFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTrJsXQL1F0 (English Subs)

Second Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-7XIIR8f-Y

Plus Kalafina in a Gen show, which means sad stuff's gonna go down about halfway through the show after they set up all the main characters.

EDIT: APPARENTLY IT'S OUT NOW WHOOPS
http://www.crunchyroll.com/aldnoah-zero/episode-1-princess-of-vers-656657
FUCK
Best Sakuya NA
Best Sakuya NA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sulla Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:59 pm

Gundam vs Evangelion! Who wins!? lolol

sulla
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  [JAM] Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:34 am

theether wrote:Legend of Korra

This is an anime thread.

3rd episodes of series are coming around. Out of the things I've watched so far, Aldnoah.Zero, Glasslip, Akame ga Kill, Re:_Hamatora, SAO II, and Jinsei are definitely series I will continue to watch and the most interesting for me.

A/Z is an eargasm for me. Hiroyuki Sawano, Kalafina, and (apparently) Yuki Kajiura are putting out tracks for it. Put in the Urobutcher and it's definitely going to be interesting. Still mostly there for the music though. Gotta have my Sawano drops.

Glasslip is a PA Works original, and I've heard that their originals are pretty good. Episode 2 escalated things faster than I expected. I'm also enjoying each of the characters. It looks like PA liked working on Nagi no Asukara so much that they're probably going to love web it. I think I feel yuri incoming here.

Akame ga Kill is one of the few series that I enjoyed enough to start reading its original material (the others being School RUmble, Mirai Nikki, and No Game No Life). "Why would anything nice happen?" the series is looking like a pretty good shonen going by the manga and there's not much censoring (compared to Tokyo Ghoul's black screen and blurring bonanza).

Re:_Hamatora is the second season of Hamatora, and I enjoyed that one. End of the first season left me hanging for more. With Minimums (the super powers of the series) for each character and an interesting plot on the world's society, I can't wait to see what happens next.

SAO II starts off with GGO, which I hear is an interesting arc in the series. Trap Kirito? Sure, why not? Miyuki Sawashiro voicing the main female lead? I'm all aboard. Guns and lightsabers? Why haven't I read the light novels yet?! I'm probably gonna enjoy this more than at least ALO, which was comparatively bad by many people.

Jinsei is a comedy about a school club that answers problems handed in by students ranging from being indecisive about joining clubs to not knowing what to give a friend for their birthday. Each of the members take their expertise and apply it to their answers, leading to a bout between the minds of science, sports, and humanities and having a mixed answer at the end. How they approach that answer is the fun part. Also pretty sure that the sports girl is a lesbian and likes to force ship two of the other characters.

Others that I'm gonna be watching, but not that enthusiastic about.
-Gekkan Shoujo Nozoki (pretty cute anime. Miyuki Sawashiro voices here as well and is my favorite character so far)
-Free!: Eternal Summer (Enjoyed the first season, so why not watch the second? I still think it has more swimming than K-ON! had music)
-DRAMAtical Murder (based on a yaoi VN, I heard the story is pretty good. OP isn't so bad either)
-Tokyo Ghoul (heard the manga was good, so I tried the anime. Not sure how I feel about it's censorship. Liking the OP though. Based HanaKana voicing an evil character just sends shivers down my spine.)
-Ao Haru Ride (I like the plot so far what with the whole friends from middle school meeting up again in high school. Bonus points for Yuki Kaji voicing MC and being real about things.)
-Locodol (I like idols. Best uncle. Possible yuri? Did I mention that I like idols?)
-Zankyou no Terror (episode 1 started out too slow for me to care, so I hope episodes 2 and 3 make up for it. 2 did fine. 3, you're up. Pretty interesting plot either way.)
-Rail Wars! (trains, train terrorism, fanservice, and trains. Enjoying the OP and ED, and they're probably my faves for the season. Yay for Chihara Minori's singing and even voicing a character. Only problem is consistency between some frames, if you care that much about it.)

I'm planning to try Fate/Kaleid Ilya Prisma 2wei. Half because of a certain scene recently, and half because I was pretty shocked to remember that I never finished the first season. I liked its OP so much. Gotta get on that.

[I probably missed something that I watched, but if it ever comes up in discussion I guess I'll chip in.]
[JAM]
[JAM]
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Best Sakuya NA Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:55 am

Apparently Gen Urobuchi isn't the screenwriter for Aldnoah.Zero, he's the original creator, so he might not be the guy doing the pacing of the episodes and stuff and instead did the general lore/characters/etc. Subtle difference, didn't know that until a friend of mine looked at the credits.
Best Sakuya NA
Best Sakuya NA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  w00se Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:32 pm

So feel free to call me an idiot or a troll but this is completely serious.  I never really got why Avatar: TLAB isn't an anime.  It seems to have all the traits of one with the exception that it wasn't made in Japan.  Is it just a thing like how it isn't real champaign if it isn't made in that certain region of France so you can have a nearly identical drink but it people will still say it isn't champaign (and they would be right) or is there something else about it I'm missing.

Not saying it is wrong to not be anime if it isn't from Japan, just curious if there is more to it than that.
w00se
w00se
Thing What Kicks
Thing What Kicks

Posts Posts : 568
Reputation Reputation : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  [JAM] Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:42 am

That's it. It isn't from Japan. In Japan, the word is used to refer to things that are animated like, like cartoons. Outside of Japan, it is more widely understood as animation originating from Japan. The Avatar series does not originate from Japan, so it is not anime.

Also remember that anime is in fact cartoons and is not separate from them. It is an animation, therefore it is also a cartoon.
[JAM]
[JAM]
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down