Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

+13
sulla
demoninnvolt
MaraSargon
JakeSamiRulz
airob
CharleMattimus
Xmo5
Defuso
WalkerBoh
mirddes
MorganLeah
Bamboozle
Best Sakuya NA
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 Empty Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  Best Sakuya NA Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

So.  To clear up a bit of possible confusion right off the bat:

Best Sakuya NA = Mori (Mori2, etc)

I don't use the same handle in all places, which sucks.  Probably should have planned that one out 10 years ago, whoops.  Anyways.  

-----

A lot of people are probably wondering why the forums are down.  Or why the map committee has like 4 active members on a good day.  So here's what I know, from my limited knowledge as head of Map Committee.  

• I can't fix the forums, that's something that is out of my power to mess with, and out of my expertise to know how to fix it even if I did have access.

• I can't reliably add new members to MC without a bit of coordination and communication from other AWBW users, but that one is doable.  So we got that rolling somewhat if people are interested.  I won't add anyone who isn't willing to dedicate a ton of time to AWBW, and has the knowledge and experience to actually help the MC.  So chances are slim that I will add anyone new, but there is always potential if people show the willingness to work and contribute to the mapping end of AWBW, and also are not jerks.  

• I can edit the Global League maps, and map categories/rankings in general.  I'll keep updating the rotation based on what I see is popular in games, primarily high level games but rest assured I do actually take the time to look through as many active and finished League games as possible (Sidenote, that's the kind of dedication I would expect if I would add you to MC).  So that is still working just fine.  

• I can still start public Z Games, or M Games, whatever you would want to call them.  I've just been very busy with life recently.  That's a poor excuse though, so I will try to get them rolling as soon as I can this week and stay on top of starting games and generating them regularly.  If anyone else on the MC wants to help with that, please message me, you all have like 2 or 3 different ways to contact me at least, haha.

• I can edit anything on this website, for what that is worth.  I am the current admin of this url, so I can ban people, add forums, all that stuff.  Vilearbiter, Pfhantom, and Napoleon can moderate a few things as well.  

So dark times for AWBW in general.  But the game still works, and there's still content creators and we still want you guys to be able to go to AWBW and have fun.  That's generally the objective.  If you have any suggestions on what direction I should take in assisting in that, I'll listen to them here.  Otherwise, I'm just going to keep on doing what I've been doing, just like other Map Committee members did before me.  

-Mori Arakune

Best Sakuya NA
Best Sakuya NA
Admin

Posts Posts : 980
Reputation Reputation : 102

https://isndev.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 Empty Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  MaraSargon Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:11 pm

sulla wrote:You are the ones calling teenage boys horny and stupid.
All I said is that you strike me as a male teen who thinks with his dick more than his brain. As a male myself, I am qualified to draw this conclusion.
MaraSargon
MaraSargon
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 46
Reputation Reputation : -80

Back to top Go down

Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)  - Page 4 Empty Re: Current State of AWBW (January 8th, 2014)

Post  sulla Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Why did you bring up my sexuality? Last thing I do think with is my dick. Last women who wanted to sleep with me got turned down.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63

Back to top Go down

Post  MaraSargon Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:37 pm

sulla wrote:Why did you bring up my sexuality? Last thing I do think with is my dick. Last women who wanted to sleep with me got turned down.
Thanks for confirming that you aren't planning to reproduce. I can sleep easier with this knowledge.
MaraSargon
MaraSargon
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 46
Reputation Reputation : -80

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:20 am

Now now kids, lets play nice. If I have to stop the car and come back there, you'll regret it! Ah, who am I kidding, I'm having too much fun.  Smile 

But seriously though, can you give it a rest? I have to run to the store for some popcorn and I don't wanna miss anything!
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 458
Reputation Reputation : 106

Back to top Go down

Post  sulla Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:36 am

MaraSargon has some passive aggressive issues to work out. Some slight hints of grandiose traits too.

Yes I am not going to reproduce, I am the sort of person who would make a great father, yet the system is going to crash in 20 years, not fair bringing kids into this messed up world.

MGTOW for life!

sulla
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:53 am

So are you under the impression that we, as a species, shouldn't have continued reproducing through any widespread calamity throughout the history of the world? Consider WWI and II nearly back to back shortly after the Great Depression in the US. Do you consider that valid cause for ceasing species propagation?

Children bring the hope of a new generation- one that has seen the evil of the generation before and seeks to erase it from the world. Its a cycle we go through and have gone through for a long time. Adults who used to be kids know what problems they want to solve and get caught up in solving them and, in the process, create different problems. Their kids don't understand why anyone would do what adults do because they seem to cause more problems than they fix. As a result, they grow up and try to fix the problems they perceive, much the same as their parents did before them. It's much more difficult to unite a group of individuals who have already chosen a path in life than it is for a generation of new individuals to unite and solve the problems they all grew up with.

Not to speak in generalizations, everyone clearly has their own upbringing and opinions but I think that negative events that impact a wide range of people tend to have this generational effect.

To Frodo, Gandalf wrote:So do I, and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Best Sakuya NA Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:03 am

So for real though, as fun as this is, lets try to keep this on topic at least somewhat (AWBW/CWT discussion) instead of devolving into trolling stuff.  That'd be kewl.
 Like a Star @ heaven
Best Sakuya NA
Best Sakuya NA
Admin

Posts Posts : 980
Reputation Reputation : 102

https://isndev.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:30 am

So now that the site is basically functional again, do we have an idea of... well... anything? I assume we've still decided it won't make it back to where it was, but do we know how long it can hold up like this? Is there anything we can do to help that?

Also, it sounds like the forums might make it back or at least being worked on "behind the scenes"? What do you know about that?

ETA: While I'm here, for those of you on the MC, I just published a new map that I happen to like the idea of, but I'm not sure how it will play out. Any chance someone could stop by and give some advice? maps_id=63876
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  WalkerBoh Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Good ol' sulla. Everything he touches turns to shit.

WalkerBoh
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 328
Reputation Reputation : 108

Back to top Go down

Post  Bamboozle Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:19 pm

How is CWT coming along? Not sure where to find news for it (their website doesn't quite work for me). I'm not really motivated to make maps for AWBW since it's going down, but I do have them saved if CWT supports mapmaking at the moment.
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 69
Reputation Reputation : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  JakeSamiRulz Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:29 pm

Hey Bamboozle,

Really!?! The page below isn't working for you? If so, I was completely unaware that it isn't working for everyone.  Fuck My Life 

Access... CWT Main Page
http://ctomni231.github.io/cwtactics/

There is a few more places to get information if that place isn't cutting it. (Though that really sucks because that is where the game is located.) There is always the old main page represented in Google Code.

Google Repository (Old Main Page)
https://code.google.com/p/cwtactics/
You can get to it via the CWT Blog...
http://cwtactics.blogspot.de/
or you can even capture it through the main Github Repository...
http://github.com/ctomni231/cwtactics

The Game Itself

At the moment, I am focusing all my team's effort on the Networking part of the program. This is taking up pretty much all my free time as we are trying to finish it before the end of May. Why?
http://www.nintendo.com.au/termination-of-nintendo-wi-fi-connection

This is basically going to mean there will be no real outlets for online AW play. I will probably write a blog post about it stating what we are planning. However, currently, I'm hoping to get a very very rough implementation of a basic network by then (fingers crossed). The only small glimmer of good news is...
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/25/advance-wars-coming-to-wii-u-virtual-console-in-europe/

About Maps

I would keep holding on to those maps for now. If possible, maybe it'll be possible to recreate the maps for safe keeping until we can build a map editor. At the moment, the target maps I'm pushing for conversion is any map made using...

Custom Wars Beta 27
http://forums.customwars.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=8889
Roma_Emu's Map Editor
http://www.warsworldnews.com/index.php?page=mapsindex.html
DoR Map Editor
http://forums.warscentral.com/index.php?showtopic=2397

Conclusion

I'll be sure to update everyone once we get more solid news. Currently, our focus is on getting another outlet for online play as soon as possible. After that, then I'll probably get back to focusing on the map editors and converters. Keep an eye on the blog and repositories for any news. I'll be lurking if you have any questions or comments.  Cool 

Best Regards,

JSRulz
CWT Team Lead
JakeSamiRulz
JakeSamiRulz
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 40
Reputation Reputation : 31

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyvelion Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:57 pm

Really wish I hadn't read that last page just to see what this acquisition thing was that I have heard about. That was painful.
Nyvelion
Nyvelion
Mech
Mech

Reputation Reputation : 94

Back to top Go down

Post  Bamboozle Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Sorry, Chrome must have been derping on me - the CWT site works now. Really looking forward to all the new developments Smile
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Reputation Reputation : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  sulla Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:45 am

WalkerBoh wrote:Good ol' sulla. Everything he touches turns to shit.

I thought that was an interesting conversation that I had going.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:05 am

Nyvelion wrote:Really wish I hadn't read that last page just to see what this acquisition thing was that I have heard about. That was painful.

The what with was acquired who by the when now?

(huh?)
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  sulla Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:39 am

I am thinking of getting into custom wars.

Anyone willing to play with me?

(I am a mediocre player though be warned!)

sulla
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bountyfrog Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:30 am

How do you!? Ive been trying to figure that out since I first saw it!
Bountyfrog
Bountyfrog
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 37
Reputation Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  JakeSamiRulz Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Yeah, you might actually want to wait until the network is set up this summer (in CWT's case).

For online currently it is either AWBW, or Custom Wars Beta 27 which can be found near the bottom of the page. It needs Java and is a pain to understand, so... I'd recommend AWBW for now.
JakeSamiRulz
JakeSamiRulz
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  sulla Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Yeah I tried running it and it didn't work.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bountyfrog Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:42 pm

:/ What about on the tablet?
Bountyfrog
Bountyfrog
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post  JakeSamiRulz Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:09 pm

They are two separate games...

Custom Wars Tactics (CWT) is playable on tablet, but won't have network support until this summer. The plan is to support as much devices as we can including tablets, PC's, and phones. This is currently being worked on.

Custom Wars Beta 27 is an old Java game only available for desktop. It has stopped being worked on ages ago and support for it is minimal (just the server currently).

Of course, you know about AWBW. Hopefully that is less confusing Razz.

As for Custom Wars Beta 27 not working... .. .  Fuck My Life 
JakeSamiRulz
JakeSamiRulz
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  lindsay40k Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:03 pm

That Custom Wars thing's stuck on 'loading sounds' in my browser (Safari 7.0.3) Sad
lindsay40k
lindsay40k
Infantry
Infantry

Posts Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  JakeSamiRulz Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:05 pm

Awww... I'm sorry about that. I wrote an issue about it here so we can handle it by the next network update 0.4.
JakeSamiRulz
JakeSamiRulz
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  sulla Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:15 am

lindsay40k wrote:That Custom Wars thing's stuck on 'loading sounds' in my browser (Safari 7.0.3) Sad

That's what you get for being a hipsters who uses apple!

Razz

Seriously it doesn't load with me either Sad

sulla
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  Blanci Mon May 19, 2014 1:01 pm

If we are serious about keeping some form of AW online alive we need to get something organised before AWBW has its next major breakdown .  This forum is a good start, however i only found out about it by accident.!
!!NEW NEWS!!!! To remedy this I put a link to this forum in the AWBW main site on the wiki first opening page where hopefully people visit.  So I DID SOMETHING. All be it a little thing. Hopefully i ll be able to do more.  Also Ive been improving the new wiki, poor newbies dont even know to get bases and spam infantry.... So i gave some advice there. Kinda important if theyre gonna enjoy playing and stay around. Losing such resources as the old wiki a couple of years back was just negligent. A small part of it but not all can be got in wayback machine.

IMPORTANT......This forum needs proper major organisation (and moderation) so that people can get involved in things they wish to get involved in without having to read through the whole forum.

For example this first topic is very long at 7 pages and deals with a lot of different issues. And other subforums also have everything all mixed up and many people are not going to know about stuff.
And we need issues to be discussed seperately so people can see better and chooose what they want to get into.

Also this sub forum of AWbw news seems to be closed to users for posting new topics ? That needs opening up for anyone to post news. And it could be "AW news" in title .  And post titles should be clear about whether they are about AWBW or the CustomWars things or more general AW news such as the news of nintendo doing something of AW on the wii in 2014.

Organising this forum could be the last hope for any AW type game surviving online in near future.
We all have experienced how awbw goes down for months and every time comes back with less users and less interest to put things right.

Actions.
1. Open up  this sub forum and retitle as "AW news"
2. Enable someone to properly organise issues and to encourage people to post responsibly with appropriate titles and to post seperate issues seperately.
3. Move the news about Customwars website to this news subforum in its own topic from the customisation subforum or rename the customisation forum appropriately ...this was always used before for speculation on changing aw details, a new site needs seperate treatment

If i can be of help let me know.
And please remember if you find my style , critique, ideas, distasteful ..well remember i am just trying to help and its getting to a critical point.

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 156
Reputation Reputation : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next