Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
I am curious to know how to set the city income EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
I am curious to know how to set the city income EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
I am curious to know how to set the city income EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
I am curious to know how to set the city income EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
I am curious to know how to set the city income EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
I am curious to know how to set the city income EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
I am curious to know how to set the city income EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
I am curious to know how to set the city income EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
I am curious to know how to set the city income EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

I am curious to know how to set the city income

4 posters

Go down

I am curious to know how to set the city income Empty I am curious to know how to set the city income

Post  a9977321 Mon May 23, 2016 10:22 am

Sometimes the income can be set down to 1...... But I don't know how to do so.

a9977321
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 41
Reputation Reputation : 5

Back to top Go down

I am curious to know how to set the city income Empty Re: I am curious to know how to set the city income

Post  Xmo5 Mon May 23, 2016 6:17 pm

I believe it involves some php sorcery, but I could be wrong. Not something most people can do, but I know there are some who know the secret. It's sort of like rating maps with a 0 or a 0.5, etc.
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 458
Reputation Reputation : 106

Back to top Go down

I am curious to know how to set the city income Empty Re: I am curious to know how to set the city income

Post  theether Tue May 24, 2016 4:57 am

It's not too hard, actually.
All you have to do is mess with the HTML a bit.

Right click on the income field when creating a game and choose "Inspect element" (or something like it). This opens the development console in your browser.

Alternatively Firefox for example opens the console with Ctrl + Shift + K, but then you'd have to search for the correct element first.

In the HTML overview you will see something like the following:
Code:
<select name="funds">
<option value="0" selected="">0
</option><option value="500">500
</option><option value="1000" selected="">1000
</option><option value="1500">1500
</option><option value="2000">2000
</option>
</select>
If you only see the select element but no content, you'll have to click the small triangle on the left.

The selected="" at 1000 means that this is the currently selected option. In the developer console you should be able to edit the value field (value="1000") by double clicking it. Set it to anything you want and you will have a game with that amount of income per property.
You will only see this option in the dropdown if you also change the other "1000" in the HTML, but for game creation only the value="?" will be used.

I assume that this same trick can be used for rating maps as well, but I haven't tried it.
theether
theether
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 129
Reputation Reputation : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Milton Tue May 24, 2016 9:16 am

*gasp* the secret is out!

Yeah, I use that all the time, it helps with negative funding.

Doing such on map ratings requires a different level of sorcery....
Jackie Milton
Jackie Milton
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 25
Reputation Reputation : 6
Location : American Midwest, and no, I do NOT call it "cornhole", it's "BEANBAG TOSS". Jeesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down