Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
fun story shenanigans EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
fun story shenanigans EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
fun story shenanigans EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
fun story shenanigans EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
fun story shenanigans EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
fun story shenanigans EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
fun story shenanigans EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
fun story shenanigans EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
fun story shenanigans EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

fun story shenanigans

3 posters

Go down

fun story shenanigans Empty fun story shenanigans

Post  Bamboozle Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:57 pm

This place had been ded for a while so I figured y not do some dumb game. Literally the title. Say some shit and the next person adds on so it eventually becomes an epic of grand proportions that will rival the works of Homer. I'll start.

As I opened the door, a musty and unsettling scent wafted up to my nose.
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 69
Reputation Reputation : 27

Back to top Go down

fun story shenanigans Empty Re: fun story shenanigans

Post  Jackie Milton Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:59 am

(Nice, I started a game this on a redfog game I was playing. Equally as interesting, it started very similarly)

"Ah, home sweet home."
Jackie Milton
Jackie Milton
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 25
Reputation Reputation : 6
Location : American Midwest, and no, I do NOT call it "cornhole", it's "BEANBAG TOSS". Jeesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Bamboozle Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:40 pm

Well, at the very least, it definitely was sweet. A sickeningly strong tinge of honey and syrup filled the air, intermingling with the scent of lilac and gooseberries. What the hell was going on in my house? I glanced around and saw, to my dismay ...
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:15 pm

... my dog had happened upon my secret perfume collection that I kept around for rainy days. The smell I was getting was the most bizarre combination of scents because it looks like he'd tried out just about every one of them. He suddenly whirled around and saw me. "I- I can explain!", he stammered, clearly embarrassed and a bit startled by my early arrival.

(Also, I was thinking of the redfog game too. That was fun! Until nobody else really participated....and speaking of stories and games and AWBW... what ever happened to the text adventure?)
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 458
Reputation Reputation : 106

Back to top Go down

Post  Bamboozle Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:48 pm

The lousy oaf had failed to consider just how much the collection cost me -- half of my newfound fortune was spent on tracking down the finest bottles of fragrance from every corner of the globe! Regardless, I stared down at him with a furrowed grow as I awaited his explanation. It needed to be pretty damn good to justify dicking around with my scents.

(I kept putting updating it off since finals week, and it got to the point where I just forgot about it for a few days. I would definitely revive it considered the players still want to participate)
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Milton Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:52 pm

Ashamed, Ruff-erford B. Hayes explained, "Well, uh... remember that 'Venereal Diseases in the Animal Kingdom' lecture I attended? Well, I sniffed a lot of butts that day. So many Butts. But one Butt, the butler's Butt, Had a certain "stank" to it. At first I wanted to heave, but then I started to believe, that butt was made for me!" B. Hayes began to cry little doggy tears. "I..*sob*..just..*sob*.. wanted to smell it again *sniffle*"...
Jackie Milton
Jackie Milton
Mech
Mech

Location : American Midwest, and no, I do NOT call it "cornhole", it's "BEANBAG TOSS". Jeesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:38 am

"Alright, alright. That's enough." I replied. I was sympathetic to the poor dog's situation, as I'd been there before myself, but the sympathy wasn't quite enough to quell my rage. "Look, I really feel for you here and I wish there were something I could do, but for crying out loud, you profaned my precious procurement of perfumes, pup! Did you really think that would help?!" Seething, I pause for a moment to collect myself, closing my eyes and slowly massaging my temple, though the grimace on my face remained. At long last I looked up and said "Okay, I've figured out what we're going to do about all this, but I promise you're not going to like it."
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Bamboozle Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Ruff-erford stared upwards with hopeful eyes as I began to unveil my plan. "As you know, I'm quite well versed in the lore of wild beasts and otherworldly organisms." His eyes began to droop a little bit. "There is a certain type of sandcrab that leaves behind scent-cleansing droppings that should be able to remove these assaulting smells and make the place habitable again." His face began to slowly turn more sour with every word. "In order to attract them, we have to offer a revoltingly-smelly dog as bait. Which you fit the criteria for already." At this point he had curled up into a ball. "Fron there we can hunt the crabs for their droppings, although they may be a challenge given their speed and ferocity -- but we can handle them, right? Whatcha think?"
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Milton Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:15 pm

After what seemed like a week to Rufferford of weighing options, he decided.
"Ok," he growled reluctantly.
Jackie Milton
Jackie Milton
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:10 pm

The rank smelling dog and I left the house immediately to head to the nearest Staples, where I purchased all of the printer paper they had. Rufferford seemed to be struggling with the math of the situation so I enlightened him: "We need to build a boat. The sandcrabs don't live around here; they're on an island, see." He continued to look at me in confusion so I continued, "We'll be building a boat so that we can get there." I gestured toward the paper to make my point, but he still wasn't getting it. With a sigh I finished my explanation. "We're going to use this paper here", I said as I pointed at our purchase, my tone the epitome of condescension, "to build a boat using the multi-sheet origami technique I learned in the Himalayas. Once we have a boat we can sail to the island with the sandcrabs. Get it?"
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Milton Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:59 am

"Origami? I don't have thumbs..." The array of smells started to get to Rufferford's head. "HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO MAKE A GODDAMN BOAT OUT OF PAPER! NOT EVERYTHING IS AS SIMPLE AS VENERAEAL DISEASES OF THE ANIMAL KINGDOM!" Returning his outburst, Rufferford cried, "I'm a bad dog!" He daintily pulled a tissue from the dispenser and blew his nose into it. He then realized he did have thumbs, and felt even worse. "Let's just get this over with..." Rufferford slips on his sailboat shoes, and his yellow raincoat and headed for the door.
Jackie Milton
Jackie Milton
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum