Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
Custom Units topic EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
Custom Units topic EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
Custom Units topic EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
Custom Units topic EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
Custom Units topic EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
Custom Units topic EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
Custom Units topic EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
Custom Units topic EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
Custom Units topic EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

Custom Units topic

+2
theether
IPS
6 posters

Go down

Custom Units topic Empty Custom Units topic

Post  IPS Sat May 02, 2015 1:07 pm

Well I create this topic in order to we talk about our imaginary units, talking about their prices, stats, and more details. Also as we have seen in AWDS some of these units are really crazy such as Piper Runners, Black Bombs and Oziums. But I'm personally a fan of more realistic units... because mostly all these units were designed by different factions, I will guess my units were developed by a determinted new faction, for anyone's usage.

Red Fire:
Sniper: An infantry unit that costs 3.000, moves as much as an infantry does, and has atack range of 1-3 with indirect fire that has the same damage distribution as if an infantry direct atack your units. They are strongly countered by recons and are strong counters of Mechs. They counter atack as an infantry does, they can't direct atack after moving. For me Red Fire are british Razz because their HQ looks like London's tower

Grey Sky
Portable Cannon: Movible unit that has 4 movement using wheels. When movible it's defenses works as APC defense does. To be settled as a centry cannon it should not move on that turn. When it settled as a unmovible Cannon unit, it gains direct defens stats as tank has and as Md tank defensive stats to indirect and becoming an indirect atack unit that has a range 2-4 that only strikes ground units. Shares fire power with Artillery. To become to movible mode again needs a turn with that order. Costs about 9000-11000.

Brown Desert

Light Tank: Somehow cost inefficent kind of tank unit, this tank is a cheaper version of tank. Moves 7 BUT it's firepower and armor are really bad compared to tank. It's stimated cost is 6000. Againist recons, rockets, Missiles and footsoldiers it's offensive is 95% of tank's offensive, but againist APC and other tank units it's less powerful having just 75% of tank's firepower. It's direct armor is only 80% of tank's armor and is almost as vulnerable to indirect atacks as Recons are.

Well on another post I will post as I get more ideas for units lol, have fun posting here Very Happy

IPS
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 17
Reputation Reputation : 4

Back to top Go down

Custom Units topic Empty Re: Custom Units topic

Post  theether Sat May 02, 2015 1:29 pm

I like the portable Cannon although it's a bit overpriced.

Grappling Hook Car
Is able to pull a unit from up to 2 fields distance towards itself.
This is instead of an attack, so it can't deal damage.
You'd be using it to break meatshields or even allow tanks to cross rivers.
movement type is wheels, 5 movement and cost would be around 5000-ish.
I always thought this might be fun to have
theether
theether
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 129
Reputation Reputation : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  IPS Sat May 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Well I will reprice the portable cannon to 7000 at 9000 then, due it's unconfortable to move with. Also got some ideas for units at this momment.

Amber Blaze
Ballistic Missile: It's an unit that can be built at airports. Has same defensive stats than Black Bombs and costs 12000 funds (moves 8 ). This unit is a suicidal one, dealing as much damage to land and sea units than a direct atack from a bomber and as much damage to aereal units as a direct atack of a fighter would do. Due to its sometimes cost efficiency, it's recommended to be used as a lab unit.

Purple Lighthing
Quick Fire: It's the finest piece of artillery everyone wishes. 9 ammo unit that can fire 3 times a single turn, with small rockets of low damage. Can strike land and aereal units a like. The damage of each proyectile is crap by itself, but if you strike 3 times the same target it deals as much damage than a direct fire of a Rocket would or as a Missile damage would do to a unit on 10/10, so it's better for last hitting weak units. It's stimated cost would been around 18000-21000 funds with 5 moves tire type. Perfect as Lab unit due to it's brutal cost efficiency (except at ammo).

Spark tank: It's a tank equiped with electric volts that deal huge damage to infantries and recons/rockets, same damage to artillery/APC and it's weaker againist tanks. because it's a really specialized unit it is a bit overpriced, around 9500's even owning the same defensive stats than a normal tanks owns but it has a crazy 135% damage ratio againist infantries and 125% againist mechs and 100% to recons/rockets/missiles but Just 35% againist tanks and againist itself (only a bit better than A.Air againist tanks). Note: It's not a cost efficent unit for spamming, but as a specialized unit it's worth it's price. Has unlimited ammo.

Dread's head: It's a vehicle that launches a really debastating missile with an abysmal 3-7 range (40% less damage at 3 and 7). It has only 2 ammo and strikes only ground units and naval. All damage ratios are better than rocket's one (65% againist Md Tank, 35% againist Mega Tank), it has a stimated cost of 22000 funds, uses tires and moves only 4 squares per turn. Due that this missile has to be more precise when aiming naval units than ground units, it deals less damage than expected to naval units, just a little more than rocket does. Comment: it's really cost efficent due to it's massive range, but the ammo makes necessary the pressence of APC's

IPS
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Sat May 02, 2015 11:39 pm

You've been posting some really cool ideas IPS. Even if nothing like this ever got implemented, the discussion is really cool. Keep 'em coming!

Also, same to you theether!
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 458
Reputation Reputation : 106

Back to top Go down

Post  IPS Sun May 03, 2015 12:37 pm

Many thanks for welcoming and from being friendly, also I'm seing that this forum is not so active at all, and seems it needs a kind of reanimation.

Well some more units over here, just for fun.

Cobalt Ice
Frost reflector: This is an indirect atack unit that fires a frost bean of 3-6 range with the capacity to slow that unit likely if it was over frozen weather (Olaf is inmune to this) and decreasing it's offensive by 10%. Can strike land, sea and eareal units. This unit deals poor damage to it's target likely 3 damage to full health tanks/bombers/fighters, 2 damage to full health tanks/neotanks/bombers/fighters and about to 4-5 damage to full healt recons/rockets/artilleries/footsoldiers/coopters depending on their terrain. This unit moves 4 and uses Tires, with an stimated cost of 10000 mostly because it's range of harass (can outrange rockets) and because can strike ground and air units alike.

Ice Guardian: It's a kind of tank with an unnusual armor-plating that is composed by a very secret material created by C.I that at simple sight looks like Ice. This thing is trully the most ressistant material known to bullets (as much as mega tanks, but cheaper!) so this is almost undestructible to recons, anti airs and infantries and it's somehow tought to cannon strikes (same than Md tanks on AWDR) . Offensively very similar to tanks but have an aditional unlimited A.Air gun with about it's 50% of efficiency (mostly to can counter atack their aereal atackers) also it's as efficent at atacking infantries as normal tanks are. Ice guardians are weirdly seen even on the own C.I so this unit is most frequently seen as lab unit on map with up to a pair of different labs. Moves 5 With an absolute cost of 12.000. Ice guardians are inmune to Frost Reflector's damage but not to it's secondary effect.

IPS
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  InvincibleXI Mon May 04, 2015 6:54 am

So about the Frost Reflector: it would slow units, weaken their firepower AND do significant damage to them for that cost and with that huge range? Seems way too OPed, I'd think even without being able to do damage it might be worth its price although I'm not sure about that. The Ice Guardian too is like a Md Tank with the firepower of a tank, but also with some AA capabilities, which means it counters BCptrs pretty well (50% is like 6 HP damage to them). Possibly it's reduced damage may compensate, but I still think its price should be similar to the original Md Tank. Very interesting ideas, and I especially like that each army has their own special units, which I always thought would be cool. Maybe each CO having their own special unit would work nicely too.

I recall playing an online game similar to Advance Wars before called Battalion, there was a series with a campaign that is still working, and it even had some online servers for multiplayer for a while. Some of the units there I thought were pretty cool even if I don't know how their balance and cost would fit here, like the Spider Tank (which stuns units it hits and prevents counterattacks, can climb mountains but has very weak defense and HP especially to AA), the Lancer Tank (like a normal tank with higher cost which fires bullets that penetrate the first target and hits the next square), and my favourite the Vulture, an air unit that can hit all units for decent damage and move a second time if it provides the finishing blow to an enemy unit which adds another layer of calculation to combat. These also could all conceivably be added to a future AW although as I said balancing would be needed.

InvincibleXI
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 73
Reputation Reputation : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  IPS Mon May 18, 2015 5:59 pm

Well, frost reflector seems to be too OP in that way, would then reprice it to 12.500 funds and decreasing it's original damage to 1/3. Ice guardian IS suppused to be somehow too cost efficent due their kind of lore forcing this one being mostly a lab or ban unit, Also Advance Wars Days of Ruins's MD tank is only 12.000 funds tier with weaker armor that can be striked by a tank with not too much cost inefficiency and Ice guardian's armors is more similar to this one MD tank than to the Original Md tank.

Well after sometime I got more cute ideas for new units, asigning them to 2 previuisly mentionated nations.

Red Fire
Pipes: Indirect atack unit that can move and strike in the same turn. It works as Fire Emblem's archers with range 2-2 but really weak damage to ground and air alike units. It uses tires and moves only 5 squares per turn with the weaknesses of a recon againist anything and artillery's weakness to infantries being the least armored vehicle unit seen in AW games. It's price would been around 5000 funds (probably) considering you can't strike with too many of them in the same turn. It's only effective againist cheap units and copters (can't strike airplanes nor black bombs) ... if on 10/10 dealing an stimated damage of  2.5/10 to a tanks, 3/10 to artilleries mechs and T.Copters, 3.5/10 to recons and rockets and around 4/10 to infantries (all on 0 stars) and an stimated of 1.5/10 to B.Copters. Againist heavy armored tanks it would deal really low damage.

Grey Sky
Grey Hawk: It's a kind of cooler B.Copter with higher stats that can be settled on the ground (not avalible on mountains) to become an inidirect fire unit that can strike ground and air (but not airplanes). It's indirect and direct fire damage is the same and even uses the same ammo! ... at indirect mode would have a range of 3-4 and being untargetable to Fighters and Missiles but instead can be striked by tanks. At ground mode it would have the same defensive stats than an Artillery and on air would have the stats of a 115/124 B.Copter (96% damage seing to to A.Aairs when striking this giving a small chance to these to survive an A.Air at 1/10). The stimated price for this unit would been 13.000 funds and moves 6 squares on air mode and can't move when on ground mode and takes a whole turn to be back to air mode.
Toughts: the intended idea is that this unit becomes somehow cost inefficent at Indirect mode because of being an extra. Due their high price, desided to make its range 3-4 instead 2-3 at the cost of lowering its original armor at ground mode. On peninsulas maps this unit excels.

IPS
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Kaiser Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Here is a unit rushing players might like.
Armored recon:
They cost 4.800 and are basically a stronger version of the Recon. It's movement and vision are the same, but it gains +10% fuel and an indirect weapon. The weapon being an anti-armor rocket with a 1-2 range, 50% damage to land vehicles and 30% to boats. It's defense is also slightly increased.

Any comments anyone who is active?
Felix Kaiser
Felix Kaiser
Infantry
Infantry

Posts Posts : 2
Reputation Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:39 pm

I'm worried that might be a bit strong for the cost. Spamming armored recon would be a pretty effective strategy since it economically counters tanks, can get to the front quickly with reasonable terrain available, and still has the same value as recons in the capture phase. I think one or more of the following would have to be changed to make it more viable:

• Decrease movement to 7, maybe even to 6 without any other changes
  • Decrease anti-tank power of the indirect cannon, perhaps to 25%
  • Increase the cost, perhaps to 5.5 or 6k
  • Give it another notable or unique weakness such as:
    • Infantry do more damage than to a recon, even though tanks do less
    • Bcopters cripple or OHKO it (though they get enough play as-is)
    • Make it so the AA OHKOs it, making it a more judicious unit choice and giving AA a bigger niche
    • Something else more creative Razz

Anyway, it's a cool idea, acting sort of as an intermediary between recon and tank in strength and incorporating some of the properties of artillery or the anti-tank in DoR. I assume that the anti-vehicle weapon still counts as indirect at 1 range in the sense that the unit couldn't move and attack with that weapon on the same turn. I assume that it would, however, take counterattack damage in the cases where it used it as a 1 range attack.

It would be interesting to see how the meta would play out since it's such a hybrid. I could see it displacing some artillery, but I think the longer range would win out in the end, despite the higher cost, minimal versatility, and lower move power. On the other hand, if you made AA a great counter, you'd end up with a new triangle of units, with AA, tanks, and A. recon instead of bcopters. Obviously it wouldn't replace them entirely, but it would serve much of the same functional purpose by economically countering tanks and having high move power (under the right circumstances, and in contrast to mechs). If you also made them very weak to copters, it might end up more like a square than a triangle. Of course this is all speculation, so who knows.
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Felix Kaiser Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Xmo5 wrote:I'm worried that might be a bit strong for the cost. Spamming armored recon would be a pretty effective strategy since it economically counters tanks, can get to the front quickly with reasonable terrain available, and still has the same value as recons in the capture phase. I think one or more of the following would have to be changed to make it more viable:

• Decrease movement to 7, maybe even to 6 without any other changes
  • Decrease anti-tank power of the indirect cannon, perhaps to 25%
  • Increase the cost, perhaps to 5.5 or 6k
  • Give it another notable or unique weakness such as:

• Infantry do more damage than to a recon, even though tanks do less
    • Bcopters cripple or OHKO it (though they get enough play as-is)
    • Make it so the AA OHKOs it, making it a more judicious unit choice and giving AA a bigger niche
    • Something else more creative Razz

Anyway, it's a cool idea, acting sort of as an intermediary between recon and tank in strength and incorporating some of the properties of artillery or the anti-tank in DoR. I assume that the anti-vehicle weapon still counts as indirect at 1 range in the sense that the unit couldn't move and attack with that weapon on the same turn. I assume that it would, however, take counterattack damage in the cases where it used it as a 1 range attack.

It would be interesting to see how the meta would play out since it's such a hybrid. I could see it displacing some artillery, but I think the longer range would win out in the end, despite the higher cost, minimal versatility, and lower move power. On the other hand, if you made AA a great counter, you'd end up with a new triangle of units, with AA, tanks, and A. recon instead of bcopters. Obviously it wouldn't replace them entirely, but it would serve much of the same functional purpose by economically countering tanks and having high move power (under the right circumstances, and in contrast to mechs). If you also made them very weak to copters, it might end up more like a square than a triangle. Of course this is all speculation, so who knows.

The power reduction is ok and maybe the AA counter, but it could also be available to only a few COs. I could see someone like Sonia using it.
Felix Kaiser
Felix Kaiser
Infantry
Infantry

Posts Posts : 2
Reputation Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Felix Kaiser wrote:
The power reduction is ok and maybe the AA counter, but it could also be available to only a few COs. I could see someone like Sonia using it.

Sonja could use anything at this rate... she needs some sort of handicap to make her worthwhile. If that's the case, though, I'd probably put a unit cap so she (or whoever) can't abuse them.
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Knight DH Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:55 pm

Just have to respond to the last 4 posts. Believe it or not, you're talking about the Humvee from Game Boy Wars 3. Though arguably, the Humvee was weaker than that design draft even with Xmo's nerf suggestions because it was 1-range locked and dealing with the Buggy, in addition to the problem of being overspecialized in terms of building reasons as-is, despite being anti-armor. GBW3's Humvee does still have secondary flow, however, because it has an auxiliary machine gun to poke Lite Land units with, and it also gets to work with GBW3's terrain using subtraction defense to let it help with a push without as much fear of taking relevant counterdamage.

Yeah, I'm needing to point that out.
Master Knight DH
Master Knight DH
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 16
Reputation Reputation : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down