Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
Quick Move Mode for huge maps EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
Quick Move Mode for huge maps EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
Quick Move Mode for huge maps EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
Quick Move Mode for huge maps EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
Quick Move Mode for huge maps EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
Quick Move Mode for huge maps EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
Quick Move Mode for huge maps EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
Quick Move Mode for huge maps EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
Quick Move Mode for huge maps EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

Quick Move Mode for huge maps

5 posters

Go down

Quick Move Mode for huge maps Empty Quick Move Mode for huge maps

Post  IPS Sat May 02, 2015 9:48 am

Would been a great idea for all these huge maps that every unit could move x2 squares than usual per turn whenever there is not an enemy unit on a radius of 30 or higher. Let's say some radius that fairly don't affect league matches but makes games on huge maps with few players shorter.

Also something could be considered in order to not be abusable this suggerence
1.- This does not work on units that have recently entered at that radius, meaning it would only be activated if the same unit had been in that radius atleast 2 consecutive turns.
2.- There would been a kind of "higher movement cost" for the closer you move to enemy within that aditional radius, more likely for fighters that can move 9 squares per turn. An example could been movement costs can variate from 1 to 2 depending how close a fighter is moving to another fighter with decimal movemnt costs such as 1.1-1.9 moves required to move on a square depending the closer you move to the enemy unit.  

That would make games on huge maps more friendly and more commonly hosted. It's true that none of these units are ballanced for 60x60 maps and maybe Quick Move Mode could help and would not change anything the fighting phase and would be less impactful the later the game is at.

IPS
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 17
Reputation Reputation : 4

Back to top Go down

Quick Move Mode for huge maps Empty Re: Quick Move Mode for huge maps

Post  JakeSamiRulz Sat May 02, 2015 5:00 pm

Or you can just have smaller maps?

I mean, large maps are a pain to play on anyway. I think smaller maps are better for making games quick and painless. I don't know, but this just seems to exploitable for my tastes.
JakeSamiRulz
JakeSamiRulz
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 40
Reputation Reputation : 31

http://ctomni231.github.io/cwtactics/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Sat May 02, 2015 11:31 pm

I'm thinking the main advantages would be with terrain and production facilities/fronts.

A large quick-move game could allow for a scaled up version of a smaller map, but with more versatility with how chokey it is, etc. because a 1-wide mountain pass on a 20x20 could be a 3 wide on a large map if you kept it to scale, or just as thin if you prefer. As a consequence of enhanced "terrain resolution", there could be more fronts and/or wider fronts, with more options for creativity in terms of deployment facilities, enhanced by the higher funding and therefore greater number of bases/airports/etc.

I'll have to give this some thought.
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 458
Reputation Reputation : 106

Back to top Go down

Quick Move Mode for huge maps Empty big maps are great

Post  Blanci Tue May 12, 2015 12:11 am

I played quite a few pretty large maps and they were great. I think we mustn't generalise too quickly. Perhaps the number of units is more important.. Too many bases and too many units can be too much clicking. However expansive maps can still have relatively few bases and consequently a normal number of units. . And its refrreshing to really get recons and other units to use their movement abilities .... Like driving your car in the open country instead of in city traffic jams.

And especially in fog large maps can means more options and can give lots of possibility for creative ideas.

The doubling move thingy ? Seems messy to implement, and really isn't the point of space to be spacious?
I like realism as it is simpler to remember the mechanism rules. Still it is good to debate eccentric ideas.

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 156
Reputation Reputation : 35

Back to top Go down

Quick Move Mode for huge maps Empty How about automation and formation design?

Post  Darkenigma Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:52 pm

http://www.awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=224061&do=99e613073efa39346f2f534202e2ba46
In this map most of the players didn't keep up with it from the beginning, and England eventually gave up, leaving three players to take control of map. The two strongest players are Hachi, so there's as much units as one cold possibly build. If I could set the units on automated path everything would take much less time to do, but the hardest thing about moving so many units is moving and designing formations. If I could move my units, that haven't attacked yet, around as much I want within their movement range to find the best formation this would make things much easier.

Darkenigma
Infantry
Infantry

Posts Posts : 3
Reputation Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down