Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi.

3 posters

Go down

What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. Empty What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi.

Post  bbzee Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Holy shit I guess I'm really am that bored, and guess I what..I'm downloading this Mmmoeshit game and taking this for a first try. A lot of people said the game is really good and bla bla shit whatever, I hope this doesn't bores me into a level that is beyond boredom.

bbzee
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 23
Reputation Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. Empty Re: What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi.

Post  Best Sakuya NA Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:38 pm

I have not played it in years, literally years, so it could have become terrible by now. It was great a few years ago, but I stopped playing when the company running it became terrible at running their own game. No clue what it's like now.

Vilearbiter still plays if I remember correctly, they'd know way more than me. Con used to play more than me as well.
Best Sakuya NA
Best Sakuya NA
Admin

Posts Posts : 980
Reputation Reputation : 102

https://isndev.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi. Empty Re: What the hack?? Just started Mabinogi.

Post  Vilearbiter Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Literally Nexon NA has given up on it.  Servers and client are shit and the game is basically unplayable without mods because they decided to never change the font to something that actually works in the client.  It's a great game, but Nexon NA is just barely above Perfect World Entertainment in terms of how they handle shit.  They've been getting better over the years, but still pretty bad.  

Also the game takes literally forever compared to a lot of MMOs out there to actually reach high level play.  If you don't know what you're doing exactly it can take literally over a year to do anything.  I'd give the game a solid 7/10 because it is actually really good, but Nexon NA is just so shitty so I wouldn't recommend playing it until they get their shit together.  Also if you're playing from EU, don't.  It's literally worse than death.

Last edited by Vilearbiter on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting i guess)
Vilearbiter
Vilearbiter
Thing What Kicks
Thing What Kicks

Posts Posts : 180
Reputation Reputation : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  bbzee Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:31 am

From my experienced, there's only 3 things which made an overrated mmo game turns really bad as a result from a game management.

1. Game balancing.
-In term of build up a character from scratch, basically you can solely create an over powered class character where it simply effortless to do it. Non of other class can even top it especially when playing pvp.

2. No more rare rewards.
- There's no such thing as rare item in the game anymore. Basically all the great goodies are purchasable via online e-commerce such as paypal, credit card, ect.

3. Too much freebies reward.
- basically you start of a characters with alot of free stuff, pretty much like welfare.

Well, I'm not sure how a font style can actually effect the game. Maybe if the game is more emphasize on story telling oriented, than its no doubt players would need a better interface into it. But I haven't played mmo that taking a story plot into a main role of the game. I guess this what rumors were hyping about for quite awhile. I don't know what else could go wrong or maybe the plot itself were screw up.

ps: 5gb download, that took awhile to finish -_-;

bbzee
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilearbiter Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:14 am

It's not the font style that is a problem.  The problem is that the font causes the client to lag.  Like the client is poorly optimized for NA and it's miserable.  But, discussion.

1. Game's pretty balanced until you get into super end game content, but even then the end game content is balanced around the other end game content so neah, not really noticeable unless you're a mage because they don't get actual end game content for whatever reason.

2. There's some pretty rare stuff floating around, although it's a Nexon game, so expect to pay like a bajillion dollars on getting reforges.  Other than reforges, a lot of the weapons just come down to play-style most of the time, unless you're using a shield and sword as a human/elf.  Then you're just bad.

Vilearbiter wrote:Also the game takes literally forever compared to a lot of MMOs out there to actually reach high level play.
I wasn't joking. You really need the freebie stuff to get into the game now that there's like a tenth of the population that we had in 2011.

Also, if you have any questions and people aren't answering for whatever reason, http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/ is what people use to find stuff.
Vilearbiter
Vilearbiter
Thing What Kicks
Thing What Kicks

Back to top Go down

Post  Best Sakuya NA Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:07 am

Yeah, to reiterate, the font literally lags the client. Imagine that it makes a 60 FPS game run at 10-15 FPS and you've got an idea of how bizarre it is (not exactly how it works, I know, but an easy comparison to make). It makes combat combos that should work impossible to actually do, and add significant lag between repeated uses of a skill like something as simple as spamming Heal. You can easily tell the difference between someone running font mods and someone who is not just by watching how good they are in combat.

This would be fixed by changing the font, something that they refuse to do for some unknown reason. Very easily fixed with mods, but oftentimes mods in MMOs go against the terms of service, which puts the fanmade fixes in a tricky spot.
Best Sakuya NA
Best Sakuya NA
Admin

Posts Posts : 980
Reputation Reputation : 102

https://isndev.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  bbzee Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:49 am

Best Sakuya NA wrote:Yeah, to reiterate, the font literally lags the client. Imagine that it makes a 60 FPS game run at 10-15 FPS

have you tried tweaking your internet setting before?, I found this  tweak at youtube

I believe there's a software for tweaking internet latency and shit, its called TCP Optimizer but I haven't used that for more than decades.

bbzee
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Vilearbiter Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Yes.  You'll really notice if you go and install literally any font that's on mabimods.  You get literal 2-10 second stutters when opening menus and loading times are severely increased when loading certain areas.  It's actually miserable playing without at least a font change.  Although, I recommend installing unofficial tiara by ShaggyZE at least since Nexon doesn't really ban people for using it since it's all client side shit in there.  Just don't go around being a dick because you're using mods, aight? psyduck

ALSO you will need to denagle to play almost any MMO. Lowering your MTU helps but it can be tricksy.
Vilearbiter
Vilearbiter
Thing What Kicks
Thing What Kicks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum