Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
Who's still here?  :Roll Call: - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
Who's still here?  :Roll Call: - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
Who's still here?  :Roll Call: - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
Who's still here?  :Roll Call: - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
Who's still here?  :Roll Call: - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
Who's still here?  :Roll Call: - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
Who's still here?  :Roll Call: - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
Who's still here?  :Roll Call: - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
Who's still here?  :Roll Call: - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

Who's still here? :Roll Call:

+17
Jackie Milton
The Everz
MegaMarissa
Abroxas
WalkerBoh
randomizer
Autumn Storm
felix45
Kamuscha
theether
bbzee
UltraStorm
Best Sakuya NA
Nyvelion
sulla
Iordor
Mrapex
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who's still here?  :Roll Call: - Page 2 Empty Who's still here? :Roll Call:

Post  Mrapex Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought I would stop by for those oldies who remember me.  I still bother Snack/Glenny/Quack/Laik on steam sometimes.  I'll probably be around for a while to see whats up.  I did see Nyv and Gabo so that's cool!

Mrapex
Infantry
Infantry

Posts Posts : 2
Reputation Reputation : 4

Back to top Go down

Who's still here?  :Roll Call: - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's still here? :Roll Call:

Post  Jackie Milton Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:57 pm

Ye, It's been about a day, though the site was very down a couple days ago, but otherwise I guess it's been chugging along. The little website that could. Or maybe the little website that sometimes can't...

Search maps is working right now, though the recent maps is not.

I suppose the sacrifice was simply not enough....
Jackie Milton
Jackie Milton
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 25
Reputation Reputation : 6
Location : American Midwest, and no, I do NOT call it "cornhole", it's "BEANBAG TOSS". Jeesh

Back to top Go down

Post  The Everz Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:24 am

So I guess I came at exactly the wrong moment? Or perhaps the site knew I was coming and was all like "NOPE! I'm not letting THAT dick play me, I'd rather crash myself."

Actually it's kind of a relief. I was worried it might've been dead as a doornail. At least I now have hope that it can get fixed.

Do we still have the IRC? Do people still visit that?
The Everz
The Everz
Infantry
Infantry

Posts Posts : 8
Reputation Reputation : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Milton Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Awww. I don't think so, haha. Just pretty bad luck, I'd say. Although this happens about twice every three months or so (I think that's a good ballpark).

Like I said though, it's been pretty healthy lately. Though in the grand scheme of things, I'm still a greenhorn (relatively speaking) and I really only how the site has been since about march.

There is a chat function that works (not now of course....) but no one uses it, 'cept for Xmo5 and I one time.
Jackie Milton
Jackie Milton
Mech
Mech

Location : American Midwest, and no, I do NOT call it "cornhole", it's "BEANBAG TOSS". Jeesh

Back to top Go down

Post  theether Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:35 pm

The IRC on awbw isn't populated like it used to, but there is a chat at the bottom of this forum's front page.
There was also a Discord chat server linked on the page but I can't find the link anymore.
BestSakuya (Mori) might link it again when he reworks the forum the next time.

Yeah, for a while now the server tends to occasionally go down, but until now the powers that be could always restore it again.

Btw. are you Everzwijn from AWBW or should I look further back into the past?
Welcome back Smile
theether
theether
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 129
Reputation Reputation : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  The Everz Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:16 pm

(I had a reply written with quotes but got an error saying I can't post external links or emails as a new member. Even though I put none of those in. No idea what was wrong with it, but here's to hoping I'm allowed to post this rewritten one.) Yay it worked.

Errors twice every three months sounded pretty bad until I took off my nostalgia goggles and remembered that the site regularly had issues back in the day, too.  Laughing So how long does it usually take before someone comes in to fix it? (is Amarriner still the only one who can fix stuff?)

Nice to meet you, Jackie.
Judging by the (lack of) forum activity it's not nearly as lively as in ye olde times, but then again it wasn't very lively when I last visited 2 years ago either.

Shame about the lack of chat activity. I only visited the IRC like two times ever, I was more of a Meebo chat guy. But it was kinda nice to know that there was this "secret" place I could visit where ye olde guarde were hanging out. Razz

Yeah, I'm Everzwijn. Thanks theether.
The Everz
The Everz
Infantry
Infantry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Milton Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:54 am

When/if the site goes down, it's generally been only for 2 or 3 days. Which, I guess, still applies here as we did have a day or two of plenty between the droughts. pale
(Guys, there's a smiley that shoots itself....)

Yeah, I like to read comments on old maps, and sometimes look at the old forum. Though it would be nice to have a community that large, I still think there are some benefits to its current state (with the exception of growing smaller and smaller). For one, most of the regulars are adults (just recently myself, sorta..) which I think creates a better environment in general. Another thing, there aren't really any dumb cliques or rivalries (though I tend to be fairly crass when writing comments, or map poetry for that matter).

Nice to meet you too Everz.
Jackie Milton
Jackie Milton
Mech
Mech

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:35 am

(Late to the party of course)

Seems we've caught another one! Nice to meet you in (sort of) person Everzwijn. I don't think we've ever talked, but I certainly recognize your name as one of the more prolific sprite mappers Smile

I definitely wasn't here from the beginning, but I've been around on and off (mostly on) since about this time in 2008, though I never really participated in the forum or the community outside of games/maps. It really is sad to see the place so empty these days; they're even desperate enough for hands that they recruited little old me to be on the map committee Razz

Anyway, welcome to the new forum and the new guard Smile
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Posts Posts : 458
Reputation Reputation : 106

Back to top Go down

Post  The Everz Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi Xmo. Your name sounds vaguely familiar to me. We may have battled each other in the past.

Now that the site is back up, we should have some battles! Dunno if I'm any good anymore though, haven't played in ages.

I might make some sprite maps again.
The Everz
The Everz
Infantry
Infantry

Back to top Go down

Post  [JAM] Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:25 pm

The Everz wrote:Hi Xmo. Your name sounds vaguely familiar to me. We may have battled each other in the past.

Now that the site is back up, we should have some battles! Dunno if I'm any good anymore though, haven't played in ages.

I remember those. The Ike one may have been my favorite. And just remember to pick teh KOALZ.
[JAM]
[JAM]
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 13
Reputation Reputation : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  The Everz Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:45 pm

[JAM] wrote:
The Everz wrote:Hi Xmo. Your name sounds vaguely familiar to me. We may have battled each other in the past.

I remember those. The Ike one may have been my favorite. And just remember to pick teh KOALZ.

Haha, yeah, that was one of my better ones. Took me a lot of time. Man, that was so long ago.

Nice to see you're stil around, JAM.
The Everz
The Everz
Infantry
Infantry

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:34 am

The Everz wrote:Now that the site is back up, we should have some battles! Dunno if I'm any good anymore though, haven't played in ages.

Sure, I'm always up for a battle if you're interested Smile

I can't promise I'm as quick to take my turns as I used to be, but I'll be happy to play on whatever map/settings suit your fancy!

Also, fun fact, "Son of warrior Garcia, Ross" was the first map I favorited on the site, IIRC. It was my only favorite for a while actually, but I've since started using my favorites to keep track of comments and maps where I suggested edits etc. so my list became more populated and I had to clean out some of my older favorites recently. So, unfortunately, it's no longer in my favorites as of about a month ago, but you can still see my comment on the map from when I added it back in early 2009 haha
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  [JAM] Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:44 am

The Everz wrote:Nice to see you're stil around, JAM.

Still around is far from it actually. Just decided to get back into this stuff again.
[JAM]
[JAM]
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 13
Reputation Reputation : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyvelion Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:15 pm

A little late, but you know what, there's something I've been thinking about saying off and on for years now, and never quite got around to it because it was never a high priority, but there aren't many active topics to reply to lately, so now seems like a good time to get it over with.

Autumn Storm wrote:Still alive and kicking. Probably just in The Pit though unless I suddenly want to AW it up again.

I've always wondered if you thought you were clever.
I remember you from when the real forum was more active.
How could I forget, you're the only person on AWBW who has ever had such strongly negative feelings about me for absolutely no reason.
I even checked, we never talked through IM, IRC, or anything else. You don't even seem to play AW, so I couldn't have criticized one of your maps or sent you press you didn't like. We have never directly communicated in any way.
And yet on the forum, you frequently tried to insult me. Not well I should add. It's as if you were trying to be sneaky about it, except that you lacked the intelligence to say anything clever. It was so pathetic watching you try to insult me that it made it easy to ignore. You tried to make me look bad, but all you ever did was make yourself look petty and stupid. It literally wasn't even worth my time to refute anything you said.
It was just sad watching you as if you had any kind of victory over me. What you may believe to be your greatest moment, frustrating me in that one topic in the strategy forum, wasn't even you, even though you looked so proud of it, you thought you had refuted one of my posts that had nothing to do with you, when I was more frustrated that Ultra Storm or someone else who was frequently argumentative strated arguing with Smackcakes or Glenstorm or someone else, I was frustrated that it caused everyone to ignore one of my best posts, it had nothing to do with you.
And the other time you thought you were clever, joining the same Mafia game as me, and then ignoring everything else to put suspicion on me? Not only was that petty, to bring something personal into a Mafia game and let it bias your decision, but you were wrong. If I thought you were worth the time, I even considered writing a "Autumn Storm was wrong" song, which I knew I could have started immediately since I knew my own role and knew you were wrong. Not that being wrong has ever stopped you before, but you know, it would have been fun to share.
And then you followed me here. It was this last moment that made me realize just what you really were. When you just happened to show up on the forum after I decided to tell the truth about my past to explain certain things I've said over the years. It wasn't Advance Wars that brought you back. It couldn't have been, after all the years since you first joined AWBW, you've contributed absolutely nothing here, you're pretty much completely useless around here. No, you came back for me, to see a moment of weakness in someone you enjoying bullying, suddenly showing up with hours of that post wasn't just coincidence. I'm sure you would have been happy to have insulted me in that topic too, except that even you would have known that it would have made you look bad.
That's all you ever were here. A bully. I never did anything to you. Yet you always wanted to put me down. You had no other purpose here. From what I could tell, you may not have even had any friends here, with one, maybe even two, exceptions, at most.
So of course right after I post that one topic, you show up.
Did you enjoy it? Did it make you smile? Did you enjoy imagining me being beaten and raped? Me, the girl you hated on sight for no reason at all except to bully to make yourself feel good about yourself?
Too bad you were never witty enough to succeed at it. You remind me of a bully I knew from high school. Perhaps she could have been your third friend, she's just like you, she criticized, isolated, and tried to embarrass anyone who she saw as beneath her. The main difference is that she was much smarter than you, but other than that, I can definitely see you as being the kind of person who used to bully the other girls in school.
Not only for myself, but for everyone who has ever been bullied... I just wanted to say, fuck you. Although your wit is a hindrance and thus nothing you said was truly provocative, I still recognize what you were going for, and for that, fuck you. Bullies like you have no idea how much you hurt innocent people. Me. My friends. People I've only talked to online. It seems like we have all met someone like you. A useless individual who gets off on making others feel bad. Fuck you.

Delayed as it may be... that felt good to stand up to a bully.
Nyvelion
Nyvelion
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 69
Reputation Reputation : 94

Back to top Go down

Post  ichbinsehselber Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:08 am

Mrapex,

I'm not in your list. But I still wanna say hello to you and all!

I'm especially happy to see a message from old friend walkerboh here :-)

I took a long break from AWBW (like 3 years perhaps). Sad to sse that the old forum closed but here is a new one :-)

Another point of interest: The old password to ladderadmin account does not work anymore. Does anyone have a current one?

ichbinsehselber
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 44
Reputation Reputation : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Annapocalypse Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:25 am

Greetings. Choconub reporting in after a decade+ long absence!

I am surprised that this is still a thing.

Annapocalypse
Infantry
Infantry

Posts Posts : 2
Reputation Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Xmo5 Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:36 am

Hey, welcome back! I stumbled on AWBW about 8-9 years ago and I didn't really use the forums back then, so I don't think our paths ever crossed. At any rate, we're still kicking, but it's definitely changed around here. If you have any questions or problems with glitches etc., just send me a message or tag me on Discord and I'll be happy to help!
Xmo5
Xmo5
AWBW Map Committee
AWBW Map Committee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2