Take Your Turn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 am
Latest topics
» [Observer's AWBW document] An FOW game on 1vs1 Verdun, Nell vs Von Bolt
Space Cows without cows is AW EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 am by a9977321

» dpsi/Jokas Collaboration Analysis
Space Cows without cows is AW EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Olaf Guide
Space Cows without cows is AW EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:03 pm by dpsi

» Jokas' Adder Guide (pt 1) English
Space Cows without cows is AW EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm by dpsi

» Basic Guide for HQ Cheese and countering strategy for current FOW GL maps
Space Cows without cows is AW EmptyFri May 22, 2020 1:40 am by a9977321

» Phantom Domain Discussion
Space Cows without cows is AW EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am by a9977321

» Commander Wars an Advance Wars Clone
Space Cows without cows is AW EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am by Robosturm_

» Advanced Strategy: Minimum Attacking Ratio
Space Cows without cows is AW EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm by Everdan

» Advanced Strategy: How Much is First Strike worth?
Space Cows without cows is AW EmptyThu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm by Everdan

Top posting users this month
No user

Space Cows without cows is AW

+2
Best Sakuya NA
Blanci
6 posters

Go down

Space Cows without cows is AW Empty Space Cows without cows is AW

Post  Blanci Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:22 pm

This seems based on and plays very similar to AW, in fact identical in many respects as far as game play goes.
The totality is no way as sophisticated as awbw however. But most maps can be made as in awbw...  just dont include any cows !  .. Unless you fancy something quirky .

Biggest problem  right now is just lack of any players to join games.
Ive posted a couple of games in matches public. Anyone can join once youve signed up which is pretty fast and simple.

Also i spent a while checking out the features and i made a map and played the tutorial map which is rather short, only 5 days. Without an opponent to actually start games we cannot even see any of the 20 or so maps there.

Seems at least worth a try. Also the differences and comparisons with awbw actually make one see more clearly what awbw actually was.
This place could possibly get upgraded if there were more users.

www.space-cows.co.uk

PLAYERS NEEDED !!!!   Get your asses over there . Join public games. Make more.
Its certainly better than. Nothin until CT or awbw gets working.

PS:.... the maps ive seen so far are really silly like with 1 HQ next to the enemy..  and no fta implemented. aaaaaajust  1 predeployed infantry on the HQ.  Yes This map is just totally dumb or i am missing something here big time.

Oh no the next map im playin is worse. i got 2 factories and my opponent has 3 . Obviously totally unfair for any players other than very Young kids.

Bad feature .. i cant even seem  to find the mapnames anywhere only a silly gamenumber.
So i cannot even tell you which maps are the crap ones . Maybe all.
Please anyone interested, Make a note of any map names you come across and post here with a mention of the quality and map idea.

Ive made a wierd but at least fair one called "outcrop" its not the awbw norm and a bit dull as it was rather hurried. But may be playable.

MAP MAKERS NEEDED DESPERATELY OVER HERE.

PostScript 2.... i just saw in the fórum (mess room/made a map) over there  that mcluvin copied "Caustic Finale" over from AWBW so theres at least one good known map for starters.

Games 2568 and 2569 use caustic finale, and are waiting for anyone to join.

Post Script 3 ... looks like the site wasnt used for 3 years but  seems to work so far in its own way.  Though hope the site manager comes back to approve maps, without which its gonna be a nonstarter really.

Last edited by Blanci on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 156
Reputation Reputation : 35

Back to top Go down

Space Cows without cows is AW Empty Re: Space Cows without cows is AW

Post  Blanci Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:51 pm

edited several more times which dont show up so bumping here so people see important update info

MORE INFO......
it says There is universal boot interval of 24 hours apparently.... but in fact this does not seem to be operating.. fortunately
There is no Fog of War implementation yet
But i think everyone interested in AW should get over and try out this new system. Yeah its no where near the sophistication of awbw. But it has certain merits for example the chat feature is v easy and handy while we are learning about this site. There are some quirks as well as the cows..the latter i believe are optional.

Really we need to contact the owner, the site was abandoned for 3 years and the guy may help if he realises people are coming over.
We might also message whoever else we know from awbw to let them know they can get a fun online AW like game.

Last edited by Blanci on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  Best Sakuya NA Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:22 pm

I can do this at some point, pretty busy so far today, need to go get food soon.
Best Sakuya NA
Best Sakuya NA
Admin

Posts Posts : 980
Reputation Reputation : 102

https://isndev.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  theether Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:29 am

I've registered as well.
Come on y'all, join us! Smile
theether
theether
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 129
Reputation Reputation : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  Blanci Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Further good points

SO it is very sleek and shiny and very fast to respond (cf. AWBW)

Further Moot Points

the worst is the difficulty of seeing / recognising units especially with any kind of background. I still am unsure of the tank and recon. I gotta study that some more and figure a way to spot the difference, and a way to remember. Even the arty is a bit similar to tank and recon.

And the inf and mech again are very hard to tell apart almost imposs when on a base or property.

The pictures are basically cool and relevant ,, just too similar to others.
Unit graphics definitely could do with some tweeking to make them memorable and distinguishable.

Hope we make contact with the admin. I emailed them. PLease anyone else feel free to help out and pester or sweet talk space-cows admin into giving us a hand. We could help with server costs if they are gonna share and listen.

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  Blanci Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:54 am

good thing the stated time control at 24 hours doesnt seem to operate, thankfully.

further moot point
it is hard to understand the movement of units...
grass is supposed to be like plains and the space buggy the equivalent of recon...
but it just doesnt seem to work out, you cant move  very far.  Or i just dont understand the tile images or something.

another moot point
trying to go back and have a look again over the map in question above I suddenly find out of 8 current (though mainly inactive ) games that it is impossible for me to  recognise which game it was...
The games appear with a game number and opponent. AWBW is much better as you have a game NAME ..easy to remember... and also you see map name and also map miniature to help facilitate subconscious intereaction management of the site.
So much at AWBW we take for granted.  You only notice when it is absent.

Without some support at the site this is not good.
ALso the few other visitors to space cows seem to have drifted away, or just forgotten to come back to play their turns.

Basic need to contact spacecow managers.  I emailed them but im wondering if i have an emailing problem with certain countries or something. Hell even UK badminton association didnt reply to my request for info about summer camps. Nor amarrinner didnt reply, but thats probly no surprise.  I may need to get a twitter account or whatever.

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  Iordor Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:50 am

I think you're talking about me.

My main problem with the game is that when it starts filling up with pieces that it becomes really hard to figure out what's going on to form a strategy, and that turned me off; it also doesn't help that the back ground is a terrible contrast for all the units. It also lacks a damage calculator, or tells you how much dmg you're going to give/get.

All of that takes away my enjoyment of the game - I like beating my enemies with my intellect, not because of the interface, or because I have a better intuitive(lucky) feel of how these games work than most.
Iordor
Iordor
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Post  theether Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:18 pm

I became inactive as soon as AWBW was back up.
Sorry for that, but it's just so much better...
theether
theether
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 129
Reputation Reputation : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  Blanci Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Yeah AWBW s much better but we might be able to get some control at spacecows and enact a couple of simple things like improving the recognisability of units, and others discussed above ...and then it may be a handy place to try out customisation for example and a place for when awbw goes down

Blanci
Recon
Recon

Back to top Go down

Post  strike1 Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:09 am

Yeah thanks blanci for testing out other alternatives like space cows or custom wars tactics. I haven't done it myself.

Its good to run it in parallel to efforts to keep awbw going

strike1
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 23
Reputation Reputation : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  sulla Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:05 pm

AWBW won't last forever. Unless someone buys the site for themselves.

sulla
Recon
Recon

Posts Posts : 135
Reputation Reputation : -63

Back to top Go down

Post  strike1 Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Few people know how to run the site like amarriner. Its also his project, linked to his website, and he clearly spent blood and sweat to create it.

I doubt anyone can just buy the site off him and fix everything for that reason. Previous attempts to buy it off him have failed, imo we should try to work with him to keep it going

strike1
Mech
Mech

Posts Posts : 23
Reputation Reputation : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum